How to delete and then
restore the user profile
To delete and then restore the user profile, we can use a tool called
Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT) to backup the user's profile, then
deleted the profile and restored it.
For more information about USMT, you can refer to the following article:
Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT) Version 3.0.1
Regarding how to delete the user profile, we can try the following steps.
1. Please first user USMT to back up the user's profile.
2. Logon to the machine with a local administrator account. Click Start and
then click Run.
3. Type "sysdm.cpl" (without quotation mark) in the open box and then press
4. Click the Advanced tab and then Click Settings button beside "User
5. Select the Profile you want to delete and then click Delete button.
6. Restart the computer and check whether this profile has been deleted
successfully. If so, please logon with the deleted account to re-create it
on the machine.
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2015
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.