What's New in Windows HPC Server 2008
New features of Windows 2008 HPC Developer tools
What's HPC Cluster Manager
Windows 2008 HPC Cluster user tools
Windows 2008 HPC Job Scheduling and Job Policies features
Windows 2008 HPC new MPI features
Windows 2008 HPC new networking features
Note 1: Windows HPC Server 2008 Compatibility with previous versions
- All of the command-line tools in Windows Compute Cluster Server
2003 (such as Cluscfg for configuration, and
Clusrun for running commands remotely on one or
more nodes) are still included.
- Windows HPC Server 2008 provides API-level compatibility for
applications integrated with Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003.
These applications might, however, require changes to run on Windows
Server® 2008. If you encounter problems running your application on
Windows Server 2008, you should consult your software vendor.
- Windows HPC Server 2008 supports job submission from Windows
Compute Cluster Server 2003 clients, including the command-line
tools, the Compute Cluster Job Manager, and the COM APIs.
- The Windows HPC Server 2008 client tools, including the cluster
administration console (HPC Cluster Manager), the job scheduling
console (HPC Job Manager), the command-line tools, and the APIs
cannot be used to manage or submit jobs to a Windows Compute Cluster
Server 2003 cluster.
- Clusters that have Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 nodes and
Windows HPC Server 2008 nodes are not supported.
Note 2: considerations
- A side-by-side installation of Windows HPC Server 2008 and
Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 on the same computer is not
supported. This includes the Windows HPC Server 2008 client
- The upgrade of a Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 head node
to a Windows HPC Server 2008 head node is not supported.
- The installation of HPC Pack 2008 adds the following server
roles to the head node:
- Windows Deployment Services
- File Services
- Network Policy and Access Services, which enables Routing
and Remote Access so that NAT services can be provided to the
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2017
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.